Friends, I want you to know there were no sewing notions or fabrics hurt in the construction of these pants AND I didn't cry but....this was one of those projects that just didn't go together easily. The majority of my difficulties came with fitting the pants (I took them apart 2, 3 or maybe 4 times) because they are a very slim fit and very short.
I made several changes to the pattern to make it work for him:
- Added 4" to the length (he is tall)
- Added 1/2" in the seat and 1" on each side so he had a bit more room to move and sit down.
- Widened the leg width from 11 1/2" to 13 1/2".
- Made the belt loops 1/2" longer.
- Lower the welt pocket so it doesn't fall above the tip of the dart but over the dart (you can see in the picture above, the bottom of the dart falls below the welt. It would look better and smoother below the dart).
- Use this tutorial from Poppykettle for the welt.
- Make the pant legs overall a little roomier.
I have a gray pair on deck....wish me luck!