- Hand wind embroidery floss on a machine bobbin (I used all 6 strands of DMC hand embroidery floss but you can choose your own).
- Load bobbin into machine just as you would for regular sewing.
- Load needle thread with normal machine thread (the needle thread will show through to the front as a "couching" effect so matching or contrasting thread works. I used white as a contrast here).
- Adjust stitch length (longer stitch length gives you a thicker look and shorter stitch looks more delicate).
- Stitch from wrong side of garment.
- Turn over and marvel!